Re: hamm/pppconfig?

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
>Larry writes:
>> Can anyone tell what went wrong and how to fix it?
>
>In /etc/ppp/pap-secrets you will find a line like:
>
>	ay903	*	""

The line turned out to be:

molec3	*	password

>Change it to:
>
>	ay903"	*	qwertyuip
>
>Where 'qwertyuip' is your password.

You nailed it!  It's working again and I'm happy enough about it
not to wonder excessively why it was working before I changed the
phone number.

>It also looks to me as if you should be able to connect with an ordinary
>PAP setup.

I don't think I'll tempt the hands of fate right now, maybe later. :-)

>John Hasler
>john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)
>Dancing Horse Hill
>Elmwood, WI

Thanks John!!!  And thanks to everyone else that replied!

  Larry Fletcher
  Redondo Beach, CA USA