Re: hamm/pppconfig?

Larry writes:
> Can anyone tell what went wrong and how to fix it?

The first one is a normal 'chat' login.
You expect
	turn>:
The server sends
	'Type "lafn" and <return>:'
and you repond with
	ay903^M
it then sends
	'Password:'
and you send
	(your password, I assume, which is not echoed)
you then pause one second, start ppp, and it works.

The second one starts like a normal 'chat' login.
You expect
	turn>:
The server sends
	'Type "lafn" and <return>:'
and you repond with
	^M
it then sends
	'Password:'
and you send
	(something which is not echoed)
you then pause one second, start ppp.  Ppp starts at the other end as well,
but this time it requests PAP authentication.  You respond with
	user="ay903" password=""
which obviously doesn't work.

In /etc/ppp/pap-secrets you will find a line like:

	ay903	*	""

Change it to:

	ay903"	*	qwertyuip

Where 'qwertyuip' is your password.

It also looks to me as if you should be able to connect with an ordinary
PAP setup.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)