Re: Debian Logo *Idea* Contest! (Delay for painting contest required)

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 11:02:32PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > Last point, opposing to Joey, I do think that the word Debian should be
> > integrated in the logo, for example if the idea of the escape is taken,
> > the bottom of the sheet could be merged in the "i" of Debian.
>
> Well, you're allowed to have a different oppinion than me, however
> this wouldn't fit logo rules.

This is silly. You are ruling out a hell lot of possibilities without
technical reasons. I think both is possible, a logo without "Debian" and a
logo that plays with the letters "Debian".

> Think of
>
> 0-------0
> 0       0
> 0  logo 0  Debian GNU/Linux - the universal operating system
> 0       0
> 0-------0
>
> 0-------0
> 0       0
> 0  logo 0
> 0       0
> 0-------0
> Debian GNU
>   Hurd
>
> Such positions of letters won't be possible.  As top of a web page
> you'll probably want to use the first one, but for logos on t-shirts
> letterheads and stuff you'd like to use the second one.

Easy. Use the logo which somehow consists of "Debian" and do:

| DEBIAN |  GNU/Linux - the universal OS.
 GNU/Hurd

Thanks,
Marcus