diald

Umm -- first off, I'm not subscribed to this list (-devel is enough for me
to sort through for now) -- but it was suggested that I bring the problem
I'm having with diald here.  So if you reply to the mailing-list, please
make sure I get a CC of the reply.

I'll cover the ground I've covered (hrmm) here to bring you up to speed.

installed diald (of course) -- edited /etc/diald/diald.options and
/etc/diald/connect -- to be able to connect -- but upon connecting, I got
these errors:

peer refused to authenticate

I took this to IRC, where it was suggested I add the following line to
/etv/diald/diald.options:

pppd-options noauth

and try again -- which seemed to work -- authentication proceeded, but I
came across the following (weird) errors now:

sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="event-horizon" password=""]
PAP authentication failed

note: that is exact -- no editing password -- and event-horizon is my
hostname.

looking through the pppd scripts in /etc/ppp and /etc/ppp/peers and
whatnot, I thought of adding  "pppd-options user talon" to diald.options
-- but when I did that, it went back to giving me the "peer refused to
authenticate" error -- hrmm -- I wonder if I'd changed anything else.
I'll work on it some more -- but if *ANYBODY* has had any luck setting
this up, it'd be a TREMENDOUS help if you could send my any advice in
configuring this.

Thanks in advance :)