Debian who?

Hello People:

I'm a Brand Spankin' Shinning Newbe with a Brand Spankin Shinning New
Debian install using floppies, all seven of them D/Led from Debian.org,
so now what? The man pages don't work. Nothing will install because of
dependency errors except for joe (works great but there must be
something better). Can't get the computer on the internet because that
machine isn't connected and doesn't have the software, yet. Games won't
install either. Really wanted to get it up and running to learn Linux,
C, C++ and a few other things. Besides, I'd like to replace WinDoze95
with something I can depend on and understand how it works and maybe
even tweak a little. So, what do I do now?

Actually, I've spent over a month reading How-to's and Install.txt and
anything else I could find. Problem is, nothing seems to work, even
though I've tried installing several times, manually configuring things,
and asking everyone that seemed to maybe know something.

The install seems to boot from the hard disk ok, I get about three and a
half screens of report between Loading Lilo ... and Login. Everything
looks fine and seems to terminate successfully except for one itty bitty
thing:

        Mounting local file systems ...
        not mounted anything

Ok, that's probably a biggie but I did install vfat so I could read
floppies made on the Win95 machine. Does anybody have an idea of what I
did wrong? What should I do now?

Thank you.