problem with sendmail

I've set up my sendmail daemon to just forward my mail to my provider's
smart relay host mail.online-club.de. It worked pretty well until earlier
this week. All of a sudden though I get messages like

Deferred: 451 <foo@bar.de>... Deferred by rule.

Obviously no mail goes out. I checked the relay host and sendmail tries to
deliver to post.strato.de. I never even heard about that domain. I just
talked to my provider (since this could have been a name server problem) and
they told me that strato is not their upstream provider. However, it is a
provider too. So all of a sudden my system tries to deliver mail through the
wrong companies smtp host.

Does anyone have an idea how this could happen? No, I did not change any
software or configuration in between.

Thanks a lot in advance for any idea.

Michael

P.S.: Please CC me on replies.