Re: A couple more strange "sound" probs...

Well,

I am at the university now and I don't have access to my linux box. As far as
I remember I have not tried to play wav files. I have played cds, mid, played
Quake and used real player. I will have to check out if wav files work well.

But something called my attention on your /dev/proc:

    1) I think I don't have two MPU drivers. I'll have to check it. I also
       have the feelings that during kernel configuration there was something
       saying that one of the MPU devices available was not for SB cards. Once
       more I am not sure.
    2) You have no synt device. Where is your wave table. Do you see any
       message showing your cards memory during the boot process?

I hope I will able to help better when I arrive home (in 8 hours
approximately). I'll sent my /proc/sound and my boot up sequence.

Paulo.