Re: A couple more strange "sound" probs...

On Friday 19 February, rich wrote:

> > From: "Paulo J. da Silva e Silva" <rsilva@ime.usp.br>
> >
> > Could you please send a copy of your /proc/sound in order to make us sure
> > everything is working.

I think I'll join in with this thread rather than starting a new one, as
my hardware and problems are very close to rich's.

I have compiled 2.2.1 too, on an i386 with a soundblaster 64 AWE. I'm
running slink.

I'm having problems playing wave based audio. it will play about half a
second, and then go quiet for half a second, then come back, then go
away again.

CDs play okay, but the output doesn't sound very clear, and the right
channel is much louder than the left one.

I'm assuming that I've missed something out whilst compiling my kernel,
or have selected something I shouldn't have.

Any thoughts on how I ought to proceed would be much appreciated.

Here's the output from /proc/sound...

---cut---
humbug:root> cat /proc/sound
OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver compiled into kernel
Kernel: Linux humbug 2.2.1 #2 SMP Thu Feb 18 16:30:49 GMT 1999 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 26: MPU-401 (UART)
Type 2: Sound Blaster