Re: X Window Problem: Some X Applications don't display correctly

> Hello!
>
> I just installed and configured XFree86 3.3.2. It works very fine,both=
>  under 800X600 and under 1024X768.
> But soon I found a annoying problem: many X applications couldn't display=
>  correctly under 800X600.
> For example,When netscape navigator 4.06 was lauched,its window was so tall=
>  that I couldn't
> even see its menu bar,toolbar and status bar!!
>
> I'd ever used RedHat 5.1 before and never encountered such a problem.Who=
>  can told me why does this happen
> and how to solve it? Thanks!

There are a few ways to accomplish this.  You can start netscape with a
-geometry option:
netscape -geometry 600x700
would give you a window of 600 pixels wide and 700 pixels long, not
including the borders.  Alternatively you can put a line

Netscape*geometry:	600x700

in your ~/.Xresources or ~/.Xdefaults file, and read this in with a
command like

xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xresources

in your ~/.xsession file.

Both the command line option and the X resource specification can be
used for a lot of X programs.  See the manual page of X for more info.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032