X Window Problem: Some X Applications don't display correctly

Hello!

I just installed and configured XFree86 3.3.2. It works very fine,both under 800X600 and under 1024X768.
But soon I found a annoying problem: many X applications couldn't display correctly under 800X600.
For example,When netscape navigator 4.06 was lauched,its window was so tall that I couldn't
even see its menu bar,toolbar and status bar!!

I'd ever used RedHat 5.1 before and never encountered such a problem.Who can told me why does this happen
and how to solve it? Thanks!

Alhough there is no problem under 1024X768,I don't want to change to that resolution because
my monitor cannot produce a high refresh rate under it.