Re: How do I find what a source package depends on?

*-Robert King <king@solzhenitsyn.ens.gu.edu.au>

| I'm trying to compile pine 4.10 and having problems.  The build fails with
| ld: cannot open -lncurses: No such file or directory
| I'm trying to work out if I'm missing a required library before reporting
| it as a bug, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find out what a
| source package depends on, and pine being pine, there isn't a binary
| package to check.

You probably need to install libncurses4-dev. Generally, whenever
you need to compile something that need library libfoo, you must
install libfooX-dev (X being a number).

BTW: Source dependencies is something that we'll probably have
in the future.

--
Eschew obfuscation    (go on; look them both up)
                                   (Brian White)