Re: Kernel: Unable to load interpreter

This has certainly been a learning experience.  Yes, I'm guessing RAM or
swap could have been an issue.  I'll probably add some more RAM since this
is the only machine I'm running Linux on which has only 16 MB of RAM.

And thanks for letting me know about the 'free' command!  I'd wondered for
a long time what was a good way to see how much memory is being used at a
given time!

Chris

At 12:35 AM 2/18/99 +0100, you wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Chris Kaltwasser wrote:
>
>> Does someone know the meaning of this message?  I've got a machine running
>> hamm that's been doing this fairly often the past couple of days.  The hard
>> drive starts thrashing, and just about everything I try to do becomes
>> impossible.  Just now I had to do a hardware restart, which gets it working
>> "normally" again.  Could this be a problem with the kernel image or
>> something like that?
>
>How much RAM and swap space does your computer have? "Unable to load
>interpreter" can mean that your computer is out of virtual memory.
>
>If your computer is giving these messages again, try to run the 'free'
>command and see how much free memory you have. 'ps uax' can give you
>useful information if you think one particular program is using an
>excessive amount of memory.
>
>Remco

Chris Kaltwasser                    chris@vote-smart.org
Director of Online Services           Project Vote Smart
Office: (541) 737-0747               FAX: (541) 737-8108

            1-888-VOTE SMART (1-888-868-3762)

                http://www.Vote-Smart.org