Re: kernel 2.2.1 message

> When my 2.2.1 boots up, I got the following error:
> SIOCARDDRT: Invalid Argument

Hah...Shao before U post any message or rather query on this list, please
do make a search for your question on the user list archives.  Do go to
www.debian.org or any of the mirrors and there is a link to the archives.
There is a search engine which will ferret out answers for your query, if
it had cropped up for someone and had been answered before.

> What does this mean?? And how do I eliminate it??

This is not a big problem.  The reason is that you do not have a network
card or rather a ethernet device (eth0) on your Linux box.  It might be a
stand-alone one and might not be networked.

The cure to this is, go to your /etc/init.d/network file.  Open up this
file in an editor and comment out the line starting with route. Save and
reboot your machine. You will never be bothered again with this message.

ragOO, VU2RGU

Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the WWW       FREE..Debian GNU/Linux