Re: creating 10 disks of Debian

> The machine is an old Compaq 4/25 Contura laptop with 4 Megs of ram - 130
> Meg of ram.  I simply want to make it a machine that can access the net
> with a browser like Netscape - or something similar.

With only 4 MB RAM the X-server is unusable slow. Don't even think
about Netscape! With 16 MB you can use Netscape 3. For Netscape 4 you
need 32 MB RAM (Netscape 4 will work eith 16 MB RAM, but ist quite
slow.) With 4 MB you can use a virtual console with Lynx as
webbrowser, mutt or something similar as e-mail client, ncftp or
similar for ftp and tin or something similar for USENET news.

I myself have a machine with lots of RAM and a running X-server. But
because Netscape uses to much resources for my taste, I do use the
above programs most of the time.

Stef