Windows making me crazy

 I'm trying to network my windows box with my linux pc-server.

I'm running an old Gateway P5-200, with 32 megs of RAM, and Win98

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the hell Win98 will not
recognize my NIC.  It's a 3Com Vortex card.  It's recognized in bios, at
first it wasn't recognized in Win98.  Later it managed to detect it was
there, but still won't install it correctly, my hub can't hear it.

Anyone know why this would be?  Thanks a bunch...

--
NatePuri
Certified Law Student