suggestion to installation team regarding /var

Hi,

I have one suggestion to the folks who write the installation
instructions.  Please mention that Debain uses piles of space
in /var/lib/dpkg and that consequently, those folks who make
their /var be a separate partition should make it 20MB bigger
than they think it should be.  Same goes for the TeX packages.
I've got a 46 MB /var/ and I've overflowed it on a few too many
occasions because dpkg uses ~17MB and tex uses 6MB currently.

Now I feel better.

Stuart

PS.  A mostly happy debian user since 0.93R5.