Re: modem doesn't work at startup

Frankie wrote:

> when I turn my computer on, and try to dial out (with xisp), it won't
> connect.

As such xISP is hassle free and it dials out the first time upon
configuration.  Your problem may be with your modem initialization string
or the correct serial port not being shown out to xISP.

On what serial port do U have your modem connected ?  What is the brand
name of your modem, so that I can suggest a working Init string ?

ragOO, VU2RGU.

Keeping the Air-Waves  FREE ....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W      FREE ....Debian GNU/Linux