Re: Documentation for WingZ spreadsheet for Linux?

On 13 Feb 1999, Paul Seelig wrote:

> I've stumbled over the WingZ and WingZPro spreadheets which have been
> released as binary freeware (!= open source) for Linux in december
> last year (see "http://www.wingz-us.com"; for details).

> I've downloaded from "ftp://metalab.unc.edu"; and installed both WingZ
> and WingZPro and i'm rather pleased with these programs.  They are
> some very nice Motif apps (with a rather antique air surrounding it's
> handling and a bit slowish though) which can be used half intutively.
> But unfortunately for the non-intutive part there is no documentation
> at all included.  The website doesn't give any hint for a book or at
> least online manual i could fetch with "wget".  The only documentation
> i found so far with AltaVista is just for older versions and is just
> scratching the surface of these programs.  In older versions there was
> at least a help file included but unfortunately it doesn't match the
> current version at all.
>
> Does anybody know where i can find *proper* documentation for the
> recent WingZ-3.xx spreadsheets?

I tried out wingzpro not so long ago.  I could not get it to accept input
from the keyboard into spreadsheet cells.  It also gave a segmentation
fault when I tried to import .xls files.  I reported that to the people
who distributed it as well as asking them about the documentation.

Here is the reply I received: