Re: how to set up isdn dial-in ?

In article <[🔎] 36C7F4C9.C226E365@cadac.de> you write:
>I've dial-out already running on ippp0. Now I'd like to setup dial-in w/
>PAP or CHAP on ippp1. Which files do I have to touch ... ?

Use `isdnconfig' to create an ippp1 interface and an ipppd config for
ippp1. Configure /etc/isdn/device.ippp1 and /etc/isdn/ipppd.ippp1 like
you would for a dialout.

Then, in /etc/isdn/ipppd.ippp1, you need to change the "#noauth"
to "auth" (to force the remote side to authenticate itself to your
side). I _think_ you can use "name X" to set your system's name to X
as far as the other side is concerned.

In /etc/isdn/device.ippp1, you need to enable the part of the script
that allows incoming phone numbers. It's a "for i in ..." loop that
adds all the numbers listed in $REMOTEMSN to the incoming list.

>Is there a problem w/ Mickeysoft ? - I saw a ms-chap flag somewhere
>(can't remember where it was).

AFAIK you only need ms-chap for calling into a NT ppp server, not for
calling into linux from ms-windows (any flavour). Otherwise I have one
at ftp://ftp.murphy.nl/pub/isdnlinux/

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org