Re: slink install and libc6

In a message dated 2/13/99 2:22:59 PM Central Standard Time, jiri@baum.com.au
writes:

> I don't know what I'm talking about, but I was under the impression that
>  dpkg thinks that 2.0.7t is newer than 2.0.7.19981211-1, even though the
>  other way 'round is right. Or at least I have a vague memory of someone
>  posting some time back.

That's what I thought my problem was.  However after a bit of reading (again)
on dpkg, I found the --compare-versions (or similar) command.  You pass it two
version numbers with an operator in between, and it returns true or false if
the condition you specifiy is true or false.  When I did  this, dpkg reported
the correct results, so I'm not sure what the problem was.  All I know is that
when I use the apt method, the problem seemed to resolve itself.

-jay