Re: slink install and libc6

MallarJ@aol.com:
> I'm still at a loss as to why this is giving me problems in the first
> place.  From all I've read and ran across, 2.0.7t is less than
> 2.0.7.19981211-1.  Why is dpkg having such a problem with this file?

I don't know what I'm talking about, but I was under the impression that
dpkg thinks that 2.0.7t is newer than 2.0.7.19981211-1, even though the
other way 'round is right. Or at least I have a vague memory of someone
posting some time back.

dpkg can't do the right thing if the versions are numbered mistakenly

Like I said, though, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently