Re: [Fwd: Re: Network problem - 3Com card]

Kent West wrote:
[cut]
> And to you, Heikki, thanks for the input. I stuck with the 2.0.34 kernel
> though, cause it was over my head to download the 2.0.35 kernel from
> another machine and copy it to my Linux box and etc, etc. But now that I
> have a working network, maybe I'll upgrade to 2.0.35 (or maybe even go to
> Slink -- whooo-o-o).

Good to hear you got your network going! If you decide to to
upgrade to 2.0.35 or 2.0.36 by recompiling your kernel, get
the driver from the page I mentioned in my previous email and
copy it over the existing linux/drivers/net/3c59x.c

If I remember correctly, the driver in 2.0.3x is 0.99E which
does not work correctly if you warm boot from Win9x. With the
old driver the card gets assigned FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF Ethernet
address which is not valid. The new driver does not have this
problem.

> Have a good one, ya'll!

Thanks, I will!

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland