Re: minor problems

Darknight:
> Another thing in X is that I can get the mixer set so that the sound is
> absolutely perfect, however when I reboot the system the settings all
> return to default.  Is there anywhere to force it to save the settings,
> or some file I could manually edit to force them?

Don't know how to save the settings, but if there's a command-line mixer
program (and I've no doubt there is), you could call it from somewhere in
your startup files.

> I have ShowSymLinks on in the proftpd.conf, and I have several symbolic
> links to other parts of my system in the /home/ftp directory that don't
> seem to be useful.  They work fine in shell mode, just not in ftp mode.

I'm under the impression that usually ftp runs under chroot, which would
mean that only symlinks entirely within /home/ftp will work.

Supposed to be a security feature.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently