Re: kernel-image-2.2.1 package cannot be created with make-kpkg

*- On 12 Feb, MacKenzie, Andrew wrote about "kernel-image-2.2.1 package cannot be created with make-kpkg"
> Newbie question:
>
> I've compiled my own kernels (I am using a self-compiled 2.0.36) but use
> make clean make dep and make xconfig.  What is make-kpkg?
>
> Andrew MacKenzie

make-kpkg is a program that was written for Debian to make it easy for
users to create kernel-[image|source|header|doc] packages to install.
By installing the packages under control of the package manager it is
easy to remove and control the kernels and modules on your system.
Install it and read /usr/doc/kernel-package/Rationale.gz for more info.
Then read man make-kpkg.

Package: kernel-package
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 416
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
Version: 6.05
Depends: perl (>= 5.002-8), dpkg (>= 1.4), dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.0.9), fileutils (>=
3.16-4)
Recommends: libc-dev, gcc, debianutils, make
Suggests: kernel-source
Conffiles:
 /etc/kernel-pkg.conf 28320856966555b9d568cf827129bbf8
 This package provides the capability to create a debian
 kernel-image package by just running make-kpkg kernel_image in a
 kernel source directory tree.  It can also build the kernel source
 package as a debian file, the kernel headers package. In general, this
 package is very useful if you need to create a custom kernel, if, for
 example, the default kernel does not support some of your hardware, or
 you wish a leaner, meaner kernel.
 .
 If you are running on an intel x86 platform, and you wish to compile a
 custom kernel (why else are you considering this package?), then you may
 need the package bin86 as well.  (This is not required on other platforms).

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net