Running xscreensaver all the time

Is there anyway I can get xscreensaver to run all the time?

It works fine from my .xsession file, but I can't get it to work
from xdm.  I want the screensaver to be present at all times,even
if no one is logged in (and I don't need screen locking).

I tried following the directions in xscreensaver's man page - so
I put the following line in Xsetup and Xsetup_0:

xscreensaver >> /tmp/xscreensaver.log 2>&1 &

The file /tmp/xscrensaver.log contains the following after restarting xdm:

Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0

Obviously this is problem with getting access to the display.  How do
I get around this?

--
Jim Crumley                 |
crumley@belka.space.umn.edu |