help with password and xlock

that has been posted to linux.debian.user as well.

I use the xlock feature and kde wm to screen save and lock the
monitor/keyboard.  Everything was working fine until I recently *had*
to change my password.  I *have* to use a local password server
software for security reasons.  My login password has been changed but
my screen save password has not.  How do I update the screen save
password and why is it different from my login password?