Re: Debian locks up after short time

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Mike Archer wrote:

> Hello everyone. I have a newly setup Debian Linux box running only
> Debian. My problem is that anytime i let debian sit for more than a
> minute or two, the system totally locks up. the keyboard doesn't
> respond at all, not even NumLock or anything.

 I'd first look at your BIOS, and the power management settings. Try
disabling it all at first. See if Debian keeps running. Later on you can
install APM support.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
                 - Anonymous' restatement of Clarke