Re: alsa drivers and slab

Matt Garman hat gesagt: // Matt Garman wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 10:27:59AM -0600, Matt Garman wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone been sucessful using the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
> > (ALSA) drivers in FULL DUPLEX mode with the program slab?
> >
> > I have a SB AWE 32, wich is currently working great with the stock OSS
> > kernel drivers (and isapnp), but these drivers are only good for
> > half-duplex.
>
> I'll answer my own question here, in case anyone is ever interested in
> this.

Yes, I am very interested but did not know the answer to your problem. I did
never manage to get Slab working with OSSFree and the old kernels 2.0.3x
not even without any duplex (half, full).

> With my SoundBlaster AWE 32 p'n'p, I can use SLab in full-duplex mode,
> that is, use my computer to record as many tracks as my hardware will
> allow!  It's AWEsome (pun intended).

I have a AWE 64 Value Ed. set up with the aweutils.
Could you please tell me (and all on the list) what you did to get Slab
running. What version of Slab did you use? What kernel version?
As I said, I would really like to hear more...

Thanks in advance
--
                                                     __    __
 Frank Barknecht           ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______