Re: debian-user-digest Digest V99 #247

> Date: 10 Feb 1999 11:38:30 -0600
> From: John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org>
> Subject: Re: slashdot poll
>
> Bruno Boettcher writes:
> > I never looked into vt-controls through perl, is there a way to make this
> > nice blue&red fullscreen windows with perl?
>
> whiptail.

whiptail flickers quite a bit between different screens.  if that bothers you,
you might want to use the library whiptail uses for its screens / widgets:

libnewt

it should be possible to write a perl frontend for it, dont know if
its been done already.

-leon

--
Leon Breedt  |  Developer, Obsidian Systems  |  Debian 2.0  |  Linux 2.2.1
WWW:  http://www.obsidian.co.za  |  Tel:  011 792 6500  |  Fax:  011 792 6522

Hackers do it with all sorts of characters.