Re: pppd deamon dies unexpectedly

On 10 Feb 1999q, eferen1 wrote:
> I have tried setting up an internet connection with no success.
>
> Every time I try connecting, I get the message "pppd daemon died
> unexpectedly".
>
> It does dial, I hear the initial connection made, and then it quits.
>
> I've used the terminal window to see what the problem is, but it doesn't
> show anything.
>
> Configuration is (in X-windows): Service name: msn
>                                                         Number:
> 3280087
>                                                         IP address is set to
> "dynamic"
>                                                         DNS setting is set:
> msn.com
>                                                         DNS server:
> xxx.x.x.x
>         (numbers x'd out for security).
>
> Is my problem because Micro$oft doesn't work with Linux?
> Has anybody else been able to connect to M$?

Have you got auth set in /etc/ppp/options?

Took me a long time to suss that one out.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)