Re: Question: Mounted root readonly?

*- On  8 Feb, Van Piercy wrote about "Question: Mounted root readonly?"
> Hello,
>
> When I type "dmesg | more" I see among other lines this one:
>
>      VMS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly
>
> Is that normal?  Why should the root be readonly (unless I've pooched things
> somehow making it readonly)?

That is the kernel finsihing the boot process.  It is one of the last
steps the kernel does before it hands the boot process over to the
startup scripts.  The startup scripts then remount the drive read/write
when it has determined that the filesystem is clean(see
/etc/init.d/checkroot.sh).  In other words you haven't pooched things.

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net