Re: fetchmail, why does it do this?

<@public.uni-hamburg.de> : colon expected after route
>> fetchmail: SMTP error: 501 <ingo> : sender address must contain a domain
>Someone put a domain-less address in the sender-field, and your
>smtp software is rejecting it for that reason.  Not a fetchmail problem.

But then, it shouldn't stop fetchmail from downloading the other mails on
my server, should it?

>> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from public.uni-hamburg.de
>> )
>>
>> I found this:
>> I have a local user named tester, and try to get his mail with fetchmail,
>> this works only if I send to address: tester@localhost
>> it does not work with: tester or tester@debian.virtual.de.host
>
>This is not a fetchmail problem, it is your smtp software. (exim/smail/
>sendmail/...)  It is set up to allow mail to/from only some
>domains, debian.virtual.de.host is apparently not one of them.
>You may have to set it up so it appends a default domain
>when you enter only a username too.

But debian.virtual.de.host is my own system, and I am able to _MAIL_ to
tester@debian.virtual.de.host, it appears in his spool file, only fetchmail
won't get it back...

---
Ingo Hohmann, Otto-Speckter-Str.17b, D-22307 Hamburg, Germany
Tel/Fax: + 49 40 / 69 79 24 80     eMail: ingo.hohmann@gmx.de