FWD: debian's hamm, (x)quake and __errno_location

If anyone knows anything about this, I'm stumped.

----- Forwarded message from Morgan Larch <mlarch@ix.netcom.com> -----

Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:48:08 -0500
From: Morgan Larch <mlarch@ix.netcom.com>
To: joeyh@master.debian.org
Subject: debian's hamm, (x)quake and __errno_location

I don't know where else to ask ...

Maybe you can enlighten me as to the what/wherefore/why of this
persistent __errno_location problem as I found it trying to
install/run xquake 09-1.0-7 quake-lib-stub 1.0. I got the
deb's installed ok and I have a Commercial release of Quake
on a local file system but trying to run quake I get the
error message: "can't resolve symbol '__errno_location'".

This has stooped me from getting several packages up and here
with quake it is happening again. Is there a way to fix this ?
Just what is broken ? Did I miss an APB ? Is hamm broken ?

Hoping you can help, Sincerely,

Morgan Larch
mailto:mlarch@ix.netcom.com

----- End forwarded message -----