Re: Partioning HD with more than 1024 cylinders

Linux fdisk can partition disks over 1024 cylinders - at least the
version I have (2.9g) can. Cfdisk (v0.81) also can. These are the
current slink versions in the util-linux package.

Another option is the DOS-based Ranish Partition Manager, which you can
find here:

http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

If you get the beta version (2.38), it can partition disks over 1024
cylinders, and it can create (but not format) Linux partition types. It
also has some nice command line options to get detailed information
about your partitions.

Tom