RE: Notebook manufacturer recomendation

On 03-Feb-99 Dave Swegen wrote:
> With a bit of luck I'll be starting work in a few weeks (crossing fingers
> til they pop off and fly accross the room), and I was told I'd be bought a
> notebook. So I was hoping I could get some pointers to which notebook
> manufacturers tend to allow for easy debian installation. I believe the
> companys semi-official provider is Compaq - any thoughts?
>
> Also, is the palm pilot worthwhile or just a fun gadget (thought I might
> ask for one when I start ;)?
>
> Any info much appreciated.

The palm pilot is a nice toy (=  Seriously, it depends on who you are.  Some
people are very methodical and keep notes, dates, etc.  I am the exact opposite.

I just bought a Sony VAIO laptop.  Install was as easy as a desktop pc.  No
complaints.  Some people swear by Toshiba, others swear at them.  The IBM
thinkpads can be ok, depends on the model (I personally hate their mice).

Just check the hardware before you buy.