Re: setserial question

Anthony Campbell <acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk> writes:

> 	"Use of setserial/setrocket to get SPD_* flags is deprecated"
>
> This seems to be said more in sorrow than in anger, since the process then
> goes off correctly. But what does it mean, and what can I do about it?

It probably means your version of setserial (or maybe dip) is old.
Try downloading the one from slink (frozen) and see if it will work
without any complaints:

    # dpkg -i setserial_what-ever.deb

It would be a good idea to have the old package around in case this
doesn't work.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS