Debian Linux 2.0.2 and latex2html

I have a problem with latex2html that seems to have cropped up.
I am using Debian Linux 2.0.2, ga-aladdin, netpbm-nonfree and
latex2html ( I used the one that came with Debian and then upgraded
to the latest one. ) Everything was going OK and recently, no
images are shown, though latex2html does not complain. The .ps files
fhow that the images are formed at this level, but in transforming
to .gif format something seems to happen.

Running with debug I get:

pnmcrop: cropping 74 rows off the top
pnmcrop: cropping 93 columns off the left
pnmcrop: EOF /read error reading magic number.

I have posted this in the latex2html list, but there were no
useful hints. Has this problem to do with the Debian version. Going
back to the original version of latex2html does not change anything.
Clearly pnmcrop is pretty much cropping everything off so that
there's nothing left.    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry