Re: hdparm

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Rob Mahurin wrote:

> 07:01 $ ls /etc/rc.boot/hwtools
> ls: /etc/rc.boot/hwtools: No such file or directory
>
> I assume I get to create that?

Oops, it's part of the hwtools package.  I guess the package split because
there was a line commented out for hdparm.  My part of the file is:

#!/bin/sh

# Hdparm optimization
# Switches on interrupts during transfers and does multi sector transfers
hdparm -u0 -m0 -S120 /dev/hd[ab]
#hdparm -u1 -m16 -S120 /dev/hd[ab]

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~bhmit1 |
|  The above is a completely random sequence of bits, any relation to an   |
|                     actual message is purely accidental.                 |