Re: Minicom installed and ppp working...at l o n g last

"Michael E. Touloumtzis" <toumi01@cai.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 06:56:48PM -0500, Michelle Coelho wrote:
>> Now I want to install the bare minimum X11 and a browser (preferably
>> netscape), as I'm low on disk space (I've just 72 Mb left).
>> Anyone's any suggestions????
>
>Try starting with the base X stuff, then add things on an
>as-needed basis.  The X stuff for Debian has been reorganized; see
>http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9901/msg01722.html.
>This document is helpful no matter which release of Debian you are using,
>because it provides a good overview.  For a windows manager I have always
>used fvwm or fvwm2, but I've seen mention of icewm as a "small" and "fast"
>(but less configurable) alternative.  If you really start running out
>of space, consider manually deleting things (bending the Debian rules).
>For example, twm comes with xbase in hamm (2.0), but is not needed if
>you use fvwm2, icewm, etc.

Do these window managers allow you to cut&paste between windows?
I had planned on just using the Bash shell for awhile, but am finding
that it is inconvenient not having the ability to cut&paste from one
console to another the way I could with DOS and DESQview.

   Larry