Re: LPRng - I give up!!

Chuck Stickelman <stick@richnet.net> writes:

> All I wanted was to setup LPRng to use the nice, new remote printer
> server I bought (and the one my client bought...).  I wanted to use
> magicfilter so we didn't have to worry about setting-up all of the
> applications to output in PCL (one can't...)  Or have multiple queues
> for one printer - the client  just doesn't seem to get the idea that
> they can have multiple "printers" to choose from even though they only
> have one *physical* printer...

With the pretending-to-be-HP printer servers at work, I find

    lp=printer%9100

works quite well, where "printer" is the host name of the server.
This should work quite well with the cti-ifhp package.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS