Re: LPRng - I give up!!

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Chuck Stickelman wrote:

> If *anyone* knows what's needed, **PLEASE** let me know. [Specifically,
> anyone who's gotten the "bq=" statement to work and shares the knowledge
> gets a virtual bear and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!]
>
> Here's the printcap entries in question:
> lps|Lantronix Print Server LPS1:\
>         :rm=lps_260923:\
>         :rp=lps_260923_pcl:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lps_prt:\

I use bounce queues with our HP LJ 4000N over ethernet to it's internal
LPR spool, like:

hplj4000n:HP Laserjet 4000 N:\
        :lp=hplj4000n@localhost:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4000n:\
        :bq=raw@hp4000n.priv.deltatee.com:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ps-hplj-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

That's it. The report printer queue is called
'raw@hp4000n.priv.deltatee.com' and I have a single directory called
/var/spool/lpd/hplj4000n - be sure to erase it when you start over again,
and remember to STOP and then START lprng when you change the config
file..

Make certain that

lpq -P hplj4000n@localhost

and

lpq -P raw@hp4000n.priv.deltatee.com

both work properly.

I cannot stress how important it is to make sure you restart completely
lprn after each try - I lost alot of time because of that :|

Also be carefull with \'s and :'s I suggest using -exactly- the entry I
pasted above and see if you can get it to tell you that hp400n.priv cannot
be found then change that to your printer server then change the
magicfilter then the queue name.

Jason