Re: No connect permission for the lp printer command (It's workings again!)

On 30-Jan-99 Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
:-> Mario Bertrand <mbert@cam.org>
:->> I just upgraded a few packages from slink and there was a update of the
:->> lpr
:->> package that seems to have broken some permissions on my system. When i
:->> try to
:->> print with any printing command i receive that error message:
:->>
:->>  a2ps whatever.txt
:->> [whatever.txt (plain): 1 page on 1 sheet]
:->> no connect permissions
:->> job 'cfA791logos' transfer to lp@localhost failed
:->> [Total: 1 page on 1 sheet] sent to the default printer
:->>
:->> (logos is the name of the machine)
:->>
:->> Any idea?
:->
:-> Well I had a "Me too" situation here about 10 minutes ago. I'm
:-> running potato and just noticed that printing does not work
:-> anymore. It was my first printing try after upgrading from slink
:-> to potato so I was a bit puzzled about it.
:->
:-> However, editing /etc/lpd.perms and commenting out
:->  DEFAULT REJECT
:-> from the bottom of the file and substituting it with
:->  DEAULT ACCEPT
:-> gave back all the necessary permissions and now printing works
:-> again. If you do the same thing does it work for you?
:->
:-> // Heikki
:-> --
:-> Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
:-> Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland
:->
:->
:->
:-> --