Re: No connect permission for the lp printer command

Mario Bertrand <mbert@cam.org>
> I just upgraded a few packages from slink and there was a update of the lpr
> package that seems to have broken some permissions on my system. When i try to
> print with any printing command i receive that error message:
>
>  a2ps whatever.txt
> [whatever.txt (plain): 1 page on 1 sheet]
> no connect permissions
> job 'cfA791logos' transfer to lp@localhost failed
> [Total: 1 page on 1 sheet] sent to the default printer
>
> (logos is the name of the machine)
>
> Any idea?

Well I had a "Me too" situation here about 10 minutes ago. I'm
running potato and just noticed that printing does not work
anymore. It was my first printing try after upgrading from slink
to potato so I was a bit puzzled about it.

However, editing /etc/lpd.perms and commenting out
 DEFAULT REJECT
from the bottom of the file and substituting it with
 DEAULT ACCEPT
gave back all the necessary permissions and now printing works
again. If you do the same thing does it work for you?

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland