Re: Kernel 2.2.0 on a 486DX2/66

Philip Thiem <ptt@umr.edu> writes:

> ARe you using 2.2.0 with IDE?  I found a message on dejanews listing
> severals bugs on include freezing and corruption of certain IDE
> drives.

Actually, I'm now running 2.2.1 with IDE drives.  I had one mysterious
lockup with -pre8, where new programs didn't want to start, and with
-pre6 (I think) logging funny messages, but aside from that I haven't
had any problems with 2.2.x.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS