Kernel 2.2.0 on a 486DX2/66

Well, I've already used 2.2.0 with success on two of my pentiumII
machines, so I figured I'd try it out on my 486DX2/66 that I am
setting up as a home machine for my janitor.

I'm building custom kernels with kernel-package 6.03, and using
pristine 2.2.0 source.  I've made sure I've built with with processor
type set to 486.

The kernel builds fine, but when it boots, it stops at
'Starting kswapd v 1.5' and the machine hangs.

Any ideas?

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept