Re: Help me to install Debian 2.0

It seems that you are getting through the installation of the base system
OK - is that right ?

If so, then IIRC there is no need to manually mount the CD ROM - you should
be sent straight to the "slick pick" section which asks what sort of system
you want and from there into dselect.

Once in dselect, choose <access method> CD ROM and you will be asked the
device name - this will be /dev/hd<x> where <x> is a letter telling linux
what controller your CD lives on. eg. The CD ROM on my main Debian box is
/dev/hdb.

The CD ROM is mounted by dselect automatically and dselect searches for the
packages files itself so there shouldn't be too many more problems - at
this stage anyway :)

Ivan.