Re: CD-RW Howto?

> From: Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
>
> I just received my SCSI CD-RW (Yamaha CRW4416SX).
> The CD-Writing-HOWTO does not mention the RW disks.
>
> Anything special with them?
>
> Unlike a PD-CD, I don't think the device is seen as just another
> hard disk.  Is the only difference with plain CDR that I can
> re-format and start over with cdrecord?  I assume there's
> multi-session stuff too so I can incrementally add stuff to it.
>
> Does anyone have a pointer to useful documentation for CD-RW?
>
> Thanks

I use a CD RW and the only difference I found was that you can use cdrecord to reformat. Anything that can be done with CDR can be done with CDRW including multi-session and audio. The only drawback is that CD-RW take a longer time to record than a normal CDR.

BTW, do not mount the CD-R or the CD-RW before writing. Any you can get all the info from cdrecord and HOWTO.

Best of Luck,
Vaidhy

Alike for those who for Today prepare
And those that after a Tomorrow stare;
A Muezzin from Tower of Darkness cries,
"Fools, your reward is nether here nor there".
                          - Omar Khayyam