Re: this guy talks to ff01a8c0 from loopback

servis@purdue.edu writes:

> I have upgraded to the 2.2.0 kernel and am getting lots of these
> messages from the kernel:
>
> this guy talks to ff01a8c0 from loopback

ff01a8c0 is 192.168.1.255.

This message comes from the IP routing code in the kernel.  I can't
see exactly what conditions lead to you getting it, though.

Routing has changed a lot from 2.0.x to 2.2.0.  You should check what
routes are being set up on what devices, etc., probably in
/etc/init.d/network.  Post the output of `/sbin/ifconfig -n' and
`/sbin/route -n' and I might be able to suggest something else.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS