Re: What am i going to install?

Download the stable branch of Debian -- aka hamm. Don't get frozen or
unstable. Also, Debian 2.0 ships with kernel 2.0.34. Since there are some
things that need to be tweaked a little in Debian, you're best off
downloading a copy of kernel 2.0.36 and building that for your system. In
all my use, 2.0.36 has been rock solid.