Mouse not working!!!!!!!!!

Hi!
   Yesterday, I bought a S3 card for my debian box. I installed it, and
after some tinkering about, I got it working. However, as a result of this,
I had to change some BIOS settings (I think I did, anyway, as nothing was
working for a time!). As a result of this, the mouse isn't responding any
more. Basically, if I swiggle it around (I have gpm running), the cursor
shows up, but nothing more. By looking at /proc/interrupts, and then moving
the mouse and checking again, I notice that the interrupts requested by
freely moving the mouse around has only increased by one!!!

   I think that the problem might be in the irq/port. Can anyone help? I
think I have to change something in the BIOS, but I'm not used to these
things yet :-)))

    Thanks a lot!
    Jose
--